All matches and practices are at Oxmoor Farm unless otherwise indicated.
Rain, extreme heat or poor field conditions may cause events to be delayed, moved or canceled for the safety of players and horses. Please check our public Facebook page (facebook.com/louisvillepoloclub) and this page for any changes before heading out to a match.
For 2018, the Louisville Polo Club regular season will be held June 1-Sept. 30.
WEEKLY EVENTS (June 2-Sept. 28):
- Friday Night Fights, every Friday night, unless otherwise indicated, at 7 p.m.
- (Check facebook.com/louisvillepoloclub each week for cancellations).
- *No Friday Night Fights Aug. 17 due to wet field conditions. August editions will start at 7 p.m. (Gates open at 5:30).
- Friday Night Fights are free, casual, come-as-you-are matches with tailgating and bring-your-own cocktails and food. Pop-up tents, lawn chairs, vehicles and coolers are welcome. Dogs also are welcome, as long as they are leashed. Friday Night Fights are held on the main field at Oxmoor Farm. Tailgate along the right side of the field (side nearest to Interstate 64). Shade is limited on the main field, so bringing a pop-up tent, umbrella or other means of shade is a good idea.
- Tuesday and Thursday nights, LPC practices (open to the public), 6 p.m. (Dependent on weather and field conditions.)
- May 17: Season opener – Twilight Polo for a Purpose (to benefit Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s research at the UofL School of Medicine), 6 p.m.
- Music and tailgating at 6, polo at 7. After party at Oxmoor Farm with The Ranahans, Kentucky’s premier Cowboy Band.
- (NOTE: This event has been moved for 2018 to Oxmoor Farm from the Great Lawn of Waterfront Park due to heavy rain over Kentucky Derby weekend.)
- July 7: Louisville Polo Club at Hickory Hall Polo Club, 1 p.m., Boone County Polo Charity Match, 7551 E 100 N, Whitestown, IN 46075. (Gates open at 11 a.m.)
- July 14: Polo for Babies, Cincinnati, Ohio, 4 p.m., 10355 Dallasburg Road, Loveland, Ohio. (Gates open at 2 p.m.)
- July 24: National Youth Tournament Series, 6 p.m.
- Aug. 4: *CANCELED, NEW DATE TBD* Louisville Polo Club vs. Cincinnati Polo Club, Oxmoor Farm, 2 p.m.
- Aug. 8-17: Tom Akers Cowboy Cup
- Aug. 8, 6 p.m.: Team Walker/Lanham Insulation vs. Sharp Labels & Printing (new field – see directions on Contact Us page)
- Aug. 10, FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS! 7 p.m.: Team Walker/Lanham Insulation vs. Sophisticated Living (main field)
- Aug. 12, time TBD: Sharp Labels & Printing vs. Sophisticated Living (field TBD)
- (Aug. 8-12 are preliminary games, finals TBD due to weather.)
- Aug. 25: Sophisticated Living Polo Series World Cup, gates open 4 p.m., match at 5 p.m.
- Sept. 21: Jefferson’s Bourbon 20th Anniversary Cup, 6 p.m.
- Oct. 6: Virgil Christian Memorial Match, time TBD
- Oct. 13: Trent DiGiuro Foundation Benefit, 2 p.m.
- Music and tailgating at 6, polo at 7. After party at Oxmoor Farm with The Ranahans following the match.
- (NOTE: This event has been moved for 2018 from the Great Lawn of Waterfront Park downtown due to heavy rain over Kentucky Derby weekend.)